Acronis 2010. Non Stop Backup - Delete versions

compumac 18:24 04 Jul 2010

I have been using a file sync programme for backing up my data to an external drive and it has worked quite well. I have updated my Acronis to Acronis 2010 which has included in it a NonStop backup facility, it seems to work well, but I cannot delete individual versions of a file in that backup. In the help it states "View Versions Icon - Opens the window that contains the selected item's versions list. In the window you can select the version you want to recover or DELETE UNNEEDED versions". This I took to mean that if you have, say 10 versions of a file, you are able to delete perhaps the first 5. It would seem that you can select a version to recover but I am missing the facility to delete. Right clicking on the unneeded file does not display that option neither does the delete key. Am I misunderstanding and you cannot delete individual versions. Posted on Acronis Forum but as yet, - no replies. Can anyone advise?

northumbria61 22:03 04 Jul 2010

I don't know if there is anything here that might help you - click here

compumac 22:40 04 Jul 2010

northumbria61
Thanks for that link, however it does not deal with the problem in respect of NonStop backup in Acronis 2010.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017