Acronis 10.0

Kingfisher 08:00 05 Jul 2007

Can anyone advise me please, I have used Acronis 10 many times to restore a back up, but am a little confused about incremental back ups. What I do not understand is, that when I have a full backup that may be say a week old, and then decide to do an incremental backup, if I subsequently want to restore a back up do I then restore back up and then restore incremental back up afterwards I cant quite get my head round it, some advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Technotiger 08:17 05 Jul 2007

I have not ever needed to restore using my Acronis10 backups - but as I understand it, from the Acronis User Guide - one chooses a Incremental backup by its creation date/time. Thus, you can roll back the disk state to a certain date.

I quote "To restore data from an incremental backup, you must have all previous incremental backup files and the initial full backup. If any successive backups is missing, restoration is not possible."

So from this I would assume that you start your restore with whichever incremental backup you choose, and the full initial backup will be included in the process automatically.

No doubt, if I have mis-interpreted the Guide, someone will soon come on and say so.

rawprawn 08:30 05 Jul 2007

Restore the incrental backup, this will use all the data from your original full backup plus any incremental changes. You must have the full backup still available to use the incremental backup.

Kingfisher 08:53 05 Jul 2007

thanks Tecnotiger and rawprawn, will tick as resolved, much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?