Acrobat Reader doesn't print

Barista 23:33 22 Oct 2008

I can view text from Acrobat Reader but I can't print it. I get a message saying 'Unable to start job. Is printer available?'

I have downloaded Acrobat Reader 9 but it will not install on my computer.

My printer is working normally and I don't have problems installing other programmes.

Barista

rawprawn 09:23 23 Oct 2008

Get rid of Acrobat and load PDF Exchange viewer
click here
It's better and uses much less space.

Salut 09:55 23 Oct 2008

I too would dump Acrobat, over blown and top heavy. For the last three years I have used Foxit Reader. It loads so much quicker than Acrobat and there are various add ons for things like editing and convertion to .doc files.

You can download from click here

Foxit has been recommended by other users of this forum. As always, the choice becomes subjective.

Barista 22:24 30 Oct 2008

Thank you RAWPRAWN AND SALUT for advising me to get rid of Acrobat Reader. I have downloaded and installed Foxit and have printed my PDF files without a problem.
I tried to remove Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 programme from my computer, but could not do so. Instead I got a message "Cannot remove Adobe Reader because the patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer patch package". This may have happened when I tried unsuccessfully to install version 9.
This programme uses 86.6MB of space on my hard drive. Can you please advise me how to get rid of it?
Barista

Barista 22:25 30 Oct 2008

Thank you RAWPRAWN AND SALUT for advising me to get rid of Acrobat Reader. I have downloaded and installed Foxit and have printed my PDF files without a problem.
I tried to remove Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 programme from my computer, but could not do so. Instead I got a message "Cannot remove Adobe Reader because the patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer patch package". This may have happened when I tried unsuccessfully to install version 9.
This programme uses 86.6MB of space on my hard drive. Can you please advise me how to get rid of it?
Barista

Technotiger 22:36 30 Oct 2008

Use click here to un-install Acrobat.

During the uninstall you will be asked if you want to re-start your PC, at this stage Do Not re-start, let Revo continue - when you are given the option to Select All and to Delete, do so! After clicking on Finish re-start your PC.

Barista 10:45 02 Nov 2008

Hi Technotiger

I installed Revo Uninstaller and followed the steps to uninstall Acrobat Reader 8.1.1. as advised, but it didn't work.

Revo completed scanning for leftover items on the moderate button. Found 1464 Registry items. I clicked uninstall all, got the same message as when I tried to remove the programme from my control panel earlier. Clicked O.K. and then continued, ticking all the leftover items. The Uninstall programme completed the process. Clicked Finish and restarted computer, but Acrobat Reader was not removed. Any idea why?

Barista

Technotiger 11:03 02 Nov 2008

Hmm, very very rare for Revo to fail. Try re-installing Acrobat and then try the uninstall with Revo again.

If that fails again - do a Search for Acrobat, then highlight everything found and then press Delete on the keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?