Acquiring Network Address

Dirk Diggler 10:39 12 Jun 2007

I have a Packard Bell Easynote that I have been using to connect wirelessly through a D-Link DI-524 router on my wireless network with no probs.

However, booted laptop up this morning and it starts to automatically connect to my network (says signal strength excellent) and gets to the point where is states Acquiring Newtork Address and thats as far as it gets!!

I have tried the repair option - still no joy!

I have run cmd> ipconfig/all and it shows the IP address and Subnet Mask all as zero's - so I tried ipconfig> renew and still no joy!

I have rebooted both machines also.

Any ideas gratefully received.

PalaeoBill 12:23 12 Jun 2007

I would suspect the firewall on your laptop first. Can you connect with it down?
Next, is DHCP enabled on your router. Can you connect to the router wired and check its setup?
If all else fails, try uninstalling the wireless network card in device manager. Rebooting the laptop should detect and re-install drivers for the wireless card.
Have you tried connecting wireless without the Firewall up on your laptop?

PalaeoBill 12:25 12 Jun 2007

Sorry about the last line, I thought I had deleted it.

Dirk Diggler 12:41 12 Jun 2007

I have uninstalled the wireless network card and rebooted and its found it again but still the same

I have entered the router setup page and it states DHCP in enabled.

I have also tried connecting with firewall off but no difference :-(

Dirk Diggler 13:07 12 Jun 2007

Problem gets stranger as we speak - I can manage to connect wirelessly to a neighbours unsecured network so I guess that rules out any problems with my network card :-)

Dirk Diggler 13:19 12 Jun 2007

But now it has found my network and connected okay - I wish I could say what I did to fix it - but I have no idea lol just tinkering did the trick

Many thanks!!

PalaeoBill 14:02 12 Jun 2007

Well done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?