acer wifi dropout problem

Boy Zone 11:53 25 Feb 2007

Hi,
I have a problem, which has 'only just started to happen', following repair of my Acer Laptop.
My internet wifi connection keeps dropping out, and I get a box stating that I have 'limited or connectivity' to the internet. I then have to use a dialogue box to repair the connection. I have reset the router, and turned it off and left for 5 mins, but still the problem persits.
I use Belkin 54g router modem, with win XP home.
Is it the router or the laptop?
Thanks

Border View 11:58 25 Feb 2007

There was a similar discussion the other night regarding Acer Wireless connection.

Upshot of advice in that thread was to check which wireless card you have installed. If its the Intel(R)PRO/Wireless 2200BG network card look to see what version drivers it has. The latest one should be v.9.0.4.27.

I got some very good advice from Dipso. Shall go and look for the thread and find the link for you download latest drivers and give info about security problem.

Border View 12:01 25 Feb 2007

Suggest your read this PC article click here

I downloaded the latest drivers from Itel without problem and have found an improvement in my speeds.

Border View 12:03 25 Feb 2007

If you would like to read the whole thread try here click here

Good luck with your problem

Boy Zone 11:01 27 Feb 2007

THanks for the input,
I've updated the drivers to the PC WiFi, and thought I would see how it went. Well my Wifi is still dropping out with 'limited or no connectivity'. A box comes up telling me that it needs repairing and it does repair the connection, for a while. I never had this problem before sending off my PC for repair back to Acer. I've reinstalled my modem router but still drops out.
Is it my PC WiFI or modem??

Boy Zone 16:21 01 Mar 2007

bumb
Sorry to bounce this one again, but have been back to acer help line and they state its the modem not the PC. I'm not sure..HELP

Dipso 21:10 01 Mar 2007

Have you not got a mate with a wireless router that you can test it with, that would tell you if it is the card or your router. Otherwise you could try connecting to a wifi hotspot.

woodchip 21:19 01 Mar 2007

The laptop WiFi ariel may have been not put back right or damaged as it loosing signal from Router. You could try a WiFi USB dongle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?