Acer system restore

Ferrari-Fan 21:09 13 Feb 2011

I bought a new Acer 5742G laptop two months ago running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Two days ago it stopped accessing the internet. Having established that another laptop works on my broadband connection, and my laptop doesn't work on someone else's connection, I have narrowed it down to a problem with my laptop.

When switched on I get a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on the internet icon in the taskbar.

I'm told that the best thing for me to do is to reset the laptop to factory settings.

I have the Acer restore discs, but don't know how to use them. I think I need to reboot the laptop with the 1st restore disc in the DVD drive. When I have tried to set the laptop to boot from DVD by ammending the boot sequence in the BIOS settings, there isn't an option for DVD, but an option for USB DVD drive. This doesn't work.

Help.... How do I use the restore discs?

Quiller. 21:20 13 Feb 2011

first do a system restore.

northumbria61 21:24 13 Feb 2011

Try right click on the icon the task bar and select "repair" - failing that go to Device Manager and check to see if any yellow exclamation marks against Network Adapters.

You can access Device Manager via Control Panel or by typing "Device" (without quotes) at "Start" and choosing from list. If there is a yellow mark against "network adapter" open it by selecting it and then right click on the listed adapter and select "Update driver software"

It may sound obvious but check to see that you haven't accidentally "turned off" your Internet switch which is usually situated on the front edge of the laptop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:27 13 Feb 2011

BACK UP all your DATA first!

then try
1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?