Acer PD527W projector problem

herbie53 18:03 25 Mar 2007

Hi,
I decided to download my own custom start up screen to the projector - so I installed the bundled software which came with the projector "Acer eOpening Management", designed a start up screen and plugged in the USB cable between the projector and the computer, put the projector into "download mode" (by holding down the power and menu buttons then plugging in the projector) as it said in the manual, then I clicked "download to projector". Everything appeared to be fine and the download finished OK but now I cannot start the projector, I have tried everything, unplugging it, holding down the power button - I can get the projector to go back into download mode but thats it - no lights at all when it is plugged in.
Has anyone else had this problem or has anyone got any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

MatzingerHBS 18:28 01 Apr 2007

Same problem here. I'm so angry, because the projector is new, i got it 2 daya ago! :(

Please help!

herbie53 18:35 01 Apr 2007

I have emailed Acer support and they said I will have to send the projector back to them - I'm just glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

MatzingerHBS 18:40 01 Apr 2007

Oh no... I don't want to send the projector back to Acer. I already had another Acer projector that i send back to them and it lasts more than 2 months!!! :(

herbie53 18:46 24 Apr 2007

Just receieved the projector back and its working now :-) says on the letter that came with it "Using the incorrect version for this unit caused the bios to blank out. Have reflashed to vAO2. The version of eOpening to use with this model is 2.1.17.8" if thats any help to anyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?