acer laptop wont connect to wireless

aimeec 20:28 04 Jun 2009

i have an acer aspire 5000 (not brill but ho hum)

basically the light on the front flashes to tell me the wireless is switched on and the bubble pops up to say that it has detected networks but wont list any that it finds and when i tell it to refresh the list it says it cannot find any

all the settings i have tried to look at (liek TP/IP) are all ok and the LAN settings are fine.

not sure what else to do - have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver - got no further with it.

any help appreciated

Ashrich 23:20 04 Jun 2009

Try doing a TCP/IP stack and Winsock refresh .

In XP , open a command prompt ( start/programs/accessories/command prompt ) and type in the following , without quote marks ..." netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt ..and then press enter , next you type in .." netsh winsock reset catalog ...press enter again , type in " exit " press enter , do that again , press enter and reboot the PC , when rebooted try connecting again .

Ashley

eminesh 06:01 08 Jun 2009

My laptop won't connect to wireless internet unless it is running off its battery. As soon as I plug the laptop into a power source, it automatically disconnects from the internet and I cannot get it to reconnect until I have unplugged it again. Yesterday I left the laptop on for a long time and for some reason the Empowering Technology icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen dissapeared. When I plugged my computer into a power source this time, the screen didn't get brighter... but the wireless internet worked! I was quite excited. After I restarted my computer, however, the Empowering Technology icon had reappeared in the bottom right hand corner and wireless internet no longer worked.

immer 22:51 08 Jun 2009

I have an Acer laptop with both Linux & vista OS which I can choose on startup. After a Linux SU going back to vista it turnes off the conectivity of the wifi. There is a blue symbol on the bottom right which if you bring up has a left right slide switch you can use. In my case I just need to put the connectivity back on.........do you think you might have a similar problem....?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?