Acer laptop won't charge help

Internetaddict 12:45 16 Jul 2013
Answered

My acer laptop won't charge. These past few weeks it has been acting up, I'll charge it but when it gets hot it will stop charging. Today it charged and when it got hot again it stopped charging. Is my laptop in danger of frying and is there anything I can do?

The Kestrel 13:00 16 Jul 2013

It may be a problem with the socket on the laptop into which you connect the charger. They sometimes start to become detached from the motherboard which causes the heating effect and then stops charging. Only a visit to a local repair company will be able to verify whether this is the problem or not.

wee eddie 13:06 16 Jul 2013
Answer

Yeah, it's summer - Give the air channels a blow through with a hair-dryer and use a stiff (natural bristle) paintbrush to loosen the dust.

Take the battery out - sometimes the contacts need de-oxidising - rub them with an HB Pencil (no harder than H anyway) and then put it back.

Make sure that the airways are clear when you use it. No knees, laps, blankets or cushions to block them!

woodchip 13:51 16 Jul 2013

If you have had the Laptop for a while, the battery may have built up resistance in it so that it will not charge properly.

Also it will run down quickly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?