Acer Laptop Wireless Problem

darkster 08:46 17 Mar 2007

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my Acer Aspire 3022 in that the wireless capability has stopped working! The wireless switch on the front of the laptop won't respond but when I check the properties of the Broadcomm adapter Windows states that it working ok. I have tried system restore and usual other tweaks including LaunchAPP to try and get it back online but to no avail. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some help or advice?
Regards.

skidzy 08:49 17 Mar 2007

Just a quick guess,FN+F2 to enable the wireless.

crosstrainer 08:51 17 Mar 2007

Check in device manager for any yellow exclamation marks, if non are present, it's possible that the device may have died.

You could try uninstalling it and re-booting, allowing windows to re-install the driver for you.

darkster 09:36 17 Mar 2007

Thanks for the quick replies. I have previously checked device manager and all seems ok. The light on the wireless switch doesn't come on any more at startup and doesn't respond when pressed so it looks like my wireless adapter had died?

Border View 10:16 17 Mar 2007

You could always check which wireless card you have and download latest drivers. Have a look here click here and you may get some help. Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone