Acer Laptop replacement PSU

FreakyRobb 15:55 31 May 2006

I need a replacement PSU for my Acer Travelmate C302XMI laptop, I have seen both 3.5 and 2.5A versions available but dont know which to get, does anyone know what current rating my laptop is. I have tried Acer but they need serial numbers and purchase dates before they will help me(i dont have - bought second hand)

Jimmy14 16:03 31 May 2006

Your serial number should be on a label under the laptop and just enter a purchase date from when you bought the laptop from someone else, that is not the most important thing it would be the serial number to see if it is registered with them as I have tried contacting them before

FreakyRobb 16:15 31 May 2006

Cheers Jimmy14, but when i got the laptop it was not in the best of shape (although it works fine) and the label with the serial number on was not present.

Jimmy14 16:30 31 May 2006

are you using windows xp or what? because i know a way to get the serial number on the computer if it is windows?

dms05 17:05 31 May 2006

My Acer has a 19v 3.42 amp PS. That makes it about 65 watts. If yours is 15v then you will need over 4 amps. Take a look on ebay - lots of Universal Laptop PS available (they come with a selection of connectors). Take a look click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?