Acer laptop keyboard problem

lihp 18:37 18 Jun 2007

My daughter's Acer 5602WLM running XP Home recently had to be restored. Since then she's had a problem with the keyboard. Key 3 with shift which should be £ comes out #; 2 comes out @ ; @ comes out ". I've checked regional setting are set UK english. I've run sfc /scannow. The only clue is in device manager under keyboard where it shows Standard 101/102 keyboard or Mircosoft natural PS/2 keyboard installed. Am I ok to uninstall this and let the laptop search for the integral keyboard?

VoG II 18:40 18 Jun 2007

Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings > Languages tab > Details button > set keyboard to United Kingdom.

skidzy 18:46 18 Jun 2007

As per VoG™

Missing @ Symbol

Normally this is a result of having a system set up for the US and not UK

Workaround solution: (1)

( Press and hold Shift + 2 ) should give = @

Changing your system keyboard configuration to uk in XP

Click Start / Control Panel / Switch to Classic View - click regional and language settings - looks like a globe

Select the region that you want then click on advanced - ensure there is a tick in the very bottom box that applies it to every user and default user setting.

Now goto the languages tab - select the region that you want - then click on the add button.

In the little box if you have another region in there as well - select it then click on the remove button.

Now click apply and then ok - then restart your pc - that should sort that out for you.

lihp 18:49 18 Jun 2007

Thank you - thank you - thank you. One happy daughter - one happy father. Easy when you know how! Keep up the good work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?