acer laptop battery only 40 mins and my rights

frankie 19:57 09 Feb 2007

purchaseda aspire 3690 3692wlmi from comet in nov 06,battery life never over an hour on minimum usage ie screen brightness only 40%.if i turn it up too 100% only get 32 mins,took battery back to comet who sent it back to acer acer replaced it with same ampage one however is same less then 1 hour,when i bought laptop was told battery life 2-3 hours thought that would be fine,the battery acer returned to me there engineer said 40 mins is normal.however the manual chap in comet read from says 2-3 hours charge in use,also they state battery is a 4000mah,however supplied one in machine is only 2000mah,basically not happy do i have rights under sale of goods act and with who comet or acer direct.bearing in mind two months old little usage,laptop is great on electric power,thanks for looking.

Weskit 20:05 09 Feb 2007

I would jump up and down in Comet for a start, they sold it. I usually get over an hour on my (cheapie) Medion, even on full screen.

woodchip 20:09 09 Feb 2007

I think you asked this before.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:14 09 Feb 2007

Both my HP and IBM thinkpad give me nearly 2hrs, complain toC omet and ask for a 400mAh battery

ChrisBas 20:16 09 Feb 2007

If he did ask before obviously it has not been resolved.
Mate I'd take this back to the shop and ask for your money back. IMOI Acer are pants, buy yourself a decent make like HP.
Hope you get it sorted.

frankie 20:38 09 Feb 2007

woodchip yes i did ask for advice before i went back to comet and bat returned,however not resolved so just asking if anyone knew my rights,as battery perfomance is still same as they replaced old battery with new 2000mah,fruit bat thanks for response will try again with comet and see what they say,chrisbas would you know the sale of goods act if they <comet>wont supply the manual stated battery can i ask for money back as not fit for purpose,rather then go to acer for redress.or would they seek to address through acer.ie returning whole laptop,not good at complaining so would like the ammo first thanks

Meshuga 21:13 09 Feb 2007

frankie, as you bought it from Comet your contract is with them and it is their responsibility, not the manufacturers. Don`t let them palm you off onto acer. Stick to your guns.

woodchip 21:16 09 Feb 2007

Then as I said before the CPU must be a desktop type. these will not give good battery performance

frankie 21:25 09 Feb 2007

Meshuga.ok thanks will see what happens and will post again during week thanks for looking,woodchip what do you mean cpu is desktop type,this is definetly on a prtable laptop number of unit in original post?.thanks for looking

spuds 22:20 09 Feb 2007

If the battery supplied was of a lower specification to that what is advertised, then you have a claim against Comet to sort it out.
click here

frankie 22:34 09 Feb 2007

excellent,thanks will look into that site and post back on going to comet thanks for looking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?