Acer D260 battery question please ?

pabear 08:14 31 Aug 2014

Hi,

I have an Acer D260 netbook that has a poor battery...I have numerous old netbooks and wonder if it is ok to use one from the other Acer netbooks ?

The battery in question is model No AL10A31 and the type I am thinking of using is model AL10B31 ............. the sole difference seems to be that it is just slightly larger...it fits into the slot fine and so I wonder if it could damage anything ...can anybody give me some advice please ?

As far as I can see,all the ratings are exactly the same for each battery...?

Hope somebody can help ?

Thanks,

pabear.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:45 31 Aug 2014

Check the voltage should be the same, 11.1 volts compatible with 10.8v systems

check the current the more the better 4800 & 5200 mAh 600mAh better.

northumbria61 10:50 31 Aug 2014

Following on from Fruit Bat - mAh explained

spuds 11:17 31 Aug 2014

Perhaps an internet search might provide a few answers, because sometimes you will find batteries being sold by some outlets, have compatibility and comparison charts. Some eBay and Amazon seller's provide this service.

I have even emailed some of these seller's for information, and they have been very helpful.

pabear 14:44 31 Aug 2014

Thanks for the replies fellas`...much appreciated...all the ratings seem the same and the battery is from a similar,but not the same,model of netbook...the unused netbooks are both AOD255E models.

It isnt a good week for me regarding computers...Ive had no problems with any for more than 2 years but this week 3 have stopped working or malfunctioned in one way or another !!!

Thanks again.

pabear.

bumpkin 15:11 31 Aug 2014

Compare the connectors and if they are exactly the same and the rating is the same should be OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?