Acer Crystal Eye Web Cam

Jimbo50 23:26 06 Oct 2008

I have an Acer Travelmate 5520 with the Crystal Eye web cam. I havent used it (but it was working originally)and when I did want to use it I received the message "camera not found". In Device Manager there is no heading for Imaging Devices. I have downloaded updated drivers but the problem seams to be recognising the hardware.

As with all things it is just out of warranty!

I cannot find anything on any sites to help solve the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas??

many thanks
Jimbo

Jimbo50 09:27 04 Nov 2008

A whole month and not one reply, this is most dissapointing!! Nobody with any ideas then?

I have downloaded two sets of drivers, Suyin and Bison, but don't know which is the correct one but in any case neither one seems to make a difference.

I would be grateful for any response.

Many thanks.

dogtrack 10:25 04 Nov 2008

I have a 7720 Acer laptop with the Crystal Eye webcam...there is an UNINSTALL facility in the Start/Programs list. If the cam is still not recognised when rebooting, I am inclined to think it has received some physical damage at sometime. A knock on the lid perhaps? Vibration from hard lid closing, all be it unintentional, it could be enough to loosen a connection. They are quite sensitive devices.

I know it's not what you want to hear. But on a brighter note, external webcams are available quite cheaply nowadays.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?