Acer crystal eye lost on Acer W510

Damarc 15:35 22 Aug 2014

I had to have a recovery of my hybrid because of viruses and although most of my files and apps were there afterwards, Acer Crystal Eye wasn't, although it was originally on the hybrid. How do I get it back please as it's very good definition, much better than the camera on Windows 8.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:31 22 Aug 2014
  rdave13 16:36 22 Aug 2014

There's also this , version 5.81.31

Whichever you download use the custom install option just in case it comes with other unwanted software. 1]: [click here

Damarc 12:54 23 Aug 2014

Thanks Rdave13. I did manage to download it but it was a zip file, so a bit unfamiliar to me. I opened the file and found set up, checked that there were no other 'offers' and no 'custom' setup and went ahead. Restarted the pc and it is in my list of apps but as an 'uninstall'. Clicking on the icon just takes me to the uninstall process. I intended to redo setup but have no idea where the files went. Have checked download both on Firefox and on pc but there is nothing on either. Windows 8.1 doesn't help much in finding files :-((

rdave13 13:18 23 Aug 2014

You need to extract the file first. When you click on the zip file, at the top you need to click on 'extract all'. This uncompresses the file and a new folder opens. Now double click in the installer. It will go through the installation process and will ask you to reboot.

rdave13 13:31 23 Aug 2014

I've tried installing it but it leaves no icon. Search only brings up the download folder. I'd remove it and try one of Fruit Bat /\0/\ 's links unless it won't open for me as I don't have a web cam?

Damarc 19:14 23 Aug 2014

Struggling with that as well. Not a direct link, full of various downloads and to get download have to go to developer's site which asks me for a login and password. Don't seem to be getting very far. When webcam is mentioned it isn't really the webcam that I want it for. I assume that's the one that photographs whilst facing the screen. i actually want the Acer Crystal eye that is the normal camera pointing away from the screen plus video. It is very much sharper than the ordinary camera and has taken some brilliant photos in the past. It was known as Acer Crystal Eye on my app list not Acer Crystal Eye webcam. Would this be different?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?