Acer Computers

wingfield 13:19 01 Jan 2007

Further to an earlier posting ref computers for an elderly reletive, Comet are doing some deals - Acers for £300 - the Acre T180 whihc has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor. Any one had experience of this one or Acers as a whole? I've read a couple fo reviews on shopping sites and they're about equal - if you get one which works fine but if it's a duff one the back up support is crap.

aitch2 14:14 01 Jan 2007

Bought an Acer 5601wlmi for my daughter a few months ago from Comet (cheapest price inc. internet searches). Very happy with it, performs well. Looks better built than the previous HP laptop. It's running Intel duo-core. If you read the various threads, then Acer is as good as it gets, until it gets as bad as it gets. That's the same for all the laptops and a lot of it is down to personal preference/ specification and price. No experience of Acer support( and hopefully not)but on a couple of occasions HP support, from experience, not all that it's cracked up to be (laptops and other periherals inc.)They did solve a couple of problems though. At the end of the day the daughter is happy with it and entuses about the Acer.
Aitch

Dipso 15:02 01 Jan 2007

Ebuyer are selling this, spec may slightly differ but from the reviews on the site buyers seem very happy. click here

I have a laptop which has been fine for 2 years and bought a budget desktop for a similar price to the T180. The hard drive failed on the desktop after a week or so.I decided it would be less hassle to replace it myself than send it back to Acer (postal charges, waiting time etc.) so haven't really had experience of support. Even so wouldn't put me off buying another Acer.

Dipso 15:06 01 Jan 2007

Sorry I linked to the wrong T180, this is the one I meant click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?