Acer Aspire recovery discs

Florio 22:16 27 Oct 2007

Hello there. This my first post to a PC Advisor forum. I am reasonably familiar with desktop computers, but have no familiarity whatsoever with laptops. Since I've ordered an Acer Aspire 5105 which should arrive early next week, I am busy researching (on internet) possible problems associated with Acer laptops.
The concept of recovery discs is not new to me, given that my desktop PC is also an Acer Aspire; I was originally advised to prepare recovery CDs for that computer as well.
As far as the laptop is concerned, I've read that burning the factory default image can require from 4 to 6 CDs or a single DVD disc. And yet if you restore from an optical disc, you will be asked to insert the second disc first. How does this work if you've used only 1 dvd disc?

crosstrainer 07:50 28 Oct 2007

Comes with a restore partition, rather than installation media....On first boot up, you will be prompted to make your backup (2 DVD's on my Aspire)

The restore process is accessed via the BIOS on bootup, where you will be given the choice of "Factory Defaults" (out of the box settings and programmes)
Or..."Restore from backup" (the settings you have created with the backup media.

It's a simple enough process, as long as you follow the instructions :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?