Acer Aspire One Netbook - Crash

Angry Kid 13:14 05 Dec 2010

I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue.

Last night my wife was working on the netbook when she got the blue screen of death up with the following error report.

Kernel_stack_inpage_error

Since then we have not been able to boot windows at all and have no back up system discs to revert to.

I have the serial code to XP which is displayed under the netbook but no OEM disc.

Please can anyone advise as to what my next steps may be.

Thanks

Angry ;)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:43 05 Dec 2010
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:50 05 Dec 2010

If you do not require any data from the drive then you could try a factory reset

Acer Recovery Instructions

1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit

If you DO need files from the drive

remove the drive and connect to another PC (sata drive)

copy the required files then refit and do the recovery

Angry Kid 13:51 05 Dec 2010

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Thanks for your posting.

However, I cannot access anything on the netbook so unsure as to how I would go about accessing the information detailed in your link.

Angry ;-)

Batch 15:23 05 Dec 2010

At point 2. in Fruit Bat /\0/\'s instructions, when you power on, the BIOS screen (if it's anything like my Acer Aspire One Netbook) flashes up only momentarily when you power up. So you need to be ready to hit ALT+F10 at that instant (before it starts to load Windows) - or just hold ALT+F10 down as soon as you've hit the power button.

woodchip 15:53 05 Dec 2010

Have you tried tapping F5 as the computer is starting to get you into safe mode then run your Anti-Virus as first thing to check

Angry Kid 16:14 05 Dec 2010

I have followed your suggestions without much joy at this stage.

My screen is now showing the following on boot up:

or Atheros PCIE Ethernet controller v1.0.0.5
Check cable connection!
PXE-E63: Error while initializing the NIC
PXE-M0F: Exiting intel PXE ROM
No bootable devices --- insert Boot disk and press any key

Angry ;-)

Batch 16:22 05 Dec 2010

IT might be that your BIOS has become set-up to try and boot from a network device. You should try entering the BIOS (F2 at boot-up) and setting the 1st boot device to your hard disk.

Also see click here

and

click here

Ian in Northampton 18:54 05 Dec 2010

I think Batch might be onto something. It could be - not sure how - that a system crash has corrupted the BIOS. As Batch says, what you seem to be seeing is the system trying to boot from a networked device, rather than the hard drive: changing the order of boot devices in BIOS should perhaps be your next step.

woodchip 19:05 05 Dec 2010

The Hard Drive is not recognised

Ian in Northampton 20:01 05 Dec 2010

Woodchip: are you saying that, typically, if a laptop can't find a hard drive to boot from, it will default to trying to boot from the network? I guess the BSOD and then the inability to boot, defaulting to the network, would be a consistent analysis of the problem - not least because it seems strange that a crash would corrupt the BIOS. So: your diagnosis is dead (or detached) hard drive?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache