Acer Aspire hidden partition modification

bart82 22:42 13 Nov 2007

Hi everybody!

This is my first post on this site so I'm sorry if I do something wrong :)
Anyway I have a problem. I bought Acer notebook 5920 (T7100) in hongkong but since I had very little time I was unable to confirm if everything was ok. I live far from hongkong :) so when it turned out that something was wrong It was impossible for me to return this notebook and take a new one.

My problem - Somehow on my Aspire 5920 there are drivers and software for Acer travel mate (all the hardware is allright). I downloaded all the drivers from acer site and now I'd like to make the default factory recovery on a hiden partition to install those drivers instead of the wrong ones. I need Your help. Thanks in advance

bart82 12:00 14 Nov 2007

Any suggestions ? I already managed to download and update all drivers over the wrong ones. Do You think that wrong drivers intalled at first from default backup can somehow represent danger to hardware and stability of the system even now when i have new drivers installed?
And still I dont know how to make a default factory image from my customized system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:07 14 Nov 2007

Do a Acronis True Image back up of your good system to another partitionas well as have a copy on a CD/ DVD incase the drive fails mechanically.

The best way to hide a partition is not to hide it. Just remove the drive letter in disk management and the drive will disapear, then when you want it back, reassign a drive letter to it, again from disk management. You can also create and restore images to the "hidden" partition. Invisible would be a better word.
Youtube video of how to hide partition.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?