acer aspire dvd-rw driver..help please

g40 21:36 23 May 2007

I cannot for the life of me find a driver for the internal LG HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA T10N DVD RW which is part of my acer aspire 3692 laptop. If anyone can help i would be terribly grateful, g

postie24 21:40 23 May 2007

Try this click here

g40 21:43 23 May 2007

Im using my pc to access forums, have no connectivity on laptop at the moment but will have if i can get the DVD RW to work.

Totally-braindead 21:44 23 May 2007

You shouldn't need a driver for any CD drive, all the ones I have seen use a generic driver which covers all optical drives and windows loads that itself.
If you are having problems with it my suggestion is go into control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Find the CD drive and delete it. Restart your PC and windows will find the drive as a new device and load a fresh copy of the driver in.

g40 21:47 23 May 2007

and get back momentarily with an update

g40 22:12 23 May 2007

the problem is that when it attempts to reinstall the drive, it does not succeed, the drive is not showing in "My Computer", and the error message in the device manager states that; " Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)???

woodchip 22:20 23 May 2007

Only drivers for Optical drives are supplied by the Operating System Windows. But to be able to Write DVD's you need a Program as NERO that provides in the software the drives for Nero to be able to Write to Disc's

woodchip 22:23 23 May 2007
  Totally-braindead 22:23 23 May 2007

I assumed, perhaps wrongly that the problem was your DVD writer would not read any CDs at all and wasn't working, is this not the case?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?