Acer ASPIRE 6935G won't switch on

wooley1 18:56 01 Jul 2010

I've had an aspire 635G for just over 12months now. Yesterday it wouldn't turn, the blue light was around the on button, but no power. Eventually if I held the onbutton down and continualy pressed the disc eject button it cam on. Any ideas how I can fix it?

Ashrich 19:30 01 Jul 2010

First thing to try is to remove the battery and the power supply from the laptop , then hold down the power button for a good thirty seconds , then replace battery , plug the mains supply back in and try starting again .

Ashley

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:42 01 Jul 2010

Did you have a disk in the drive?

wooley1 22:00 01 Jul 2010

I did have a disc in the drive, but this hasn't stopped it turning on before. Will remove it and give it a go. Will also try your suggestion Ashrich. Cheers, both.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:56 01 Jul 2010

As you had a disk in the drive and it booted after you ejected the disk therefore I assume it was trying to boot from the disk.

As the disk was non boot able it may have froze to an error message but sometimes LCD screens are slow to respond and so you could not see the message.

It is possible the BIOS has reset the boot sequence due to low battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?