Acer Aspire 6935g HELP!

Ozzt 13:09 03 Oct 2009

I have an Acer Aspire 6935g, i tried to reset it to factory defaults, then i got an error, and when i turn on my computer now it just shows

'Bootmgr is missing ctr+alt+del to restart'

Is there any place i can download a recovery disc?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:16 03 Oct 2009

click here

If no repair options are available your PC manufacturer may have replaced the tools or customised them. Check your Computer Manual before proceeding.

1/ Start your PC

2/ If your PC has one operating system Press and Hold the F8 key as your PC starts. If the Windows Logo appear you will need to start again

3/ If you have a dual boot system a Boot option menu will appear. Highlight the Vista operating system and Press the F8 key

4/ In both cases, if all has gone well, an Advanced options screen will now appear

5/ Highlight the repair Your Computer option and Press Enter

6/ Select a keyboard layout, and then Click the Next button

7/ Next select your user Name and Enter your Password, then Click OK

8/ The recovery options should now appear* Startup repair - This automatically fixes problems that are preventing Windows from starting
* System Restore - This will Restore Windows to an earlier point in time
* Windows Complete PC Restore - This will completely restore your entire PC - programs, system settings and files - from a back up that you have previously created (Available in Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions only)
* Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - This checks your computer's memory hardware for errors
* Command Prompt - This opens a Command Window

(/ Click on the Option you require and follow the onscreen prompts

Ozzt 13:39 03 Oct 2009

i dont have a backup disc

rickf 13:43 03 Oct 2009

when you first got the laptop there would have been an option to burn a recovery disc. If you have not and the laptop is not working you'll jhave to get one from Acer. If you managed to get it working again, find where the option is hidden and burn one for future reference.

Ozzt 13:50 03 Oct 2009

ok, iim just sending it in and hope they can fix it :P

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 03 Oct 2009

"i dont have a backup disc"

MY instructions are especially if you DO NOT have a disk

Also try Acer Recovery Instructions

1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit

Ozzt 16:00 03 Oct 2009

Ok im powering on the machine
pressing alt+F10
The eRecovery comes up
i click Restore to factory defaults
Then i click ok
Then i get a error: Restore failed reason 0x000000c click OK to restart the computer

In the beginning before i got bootmgr error i did just the same because my computer was very slow and then the same thing as above happened, it was then i got the error bootmgr

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:19 03 Oct 2009

Whats the number after the c?

sounds as if the drive could be bad
can you get to the command prompt and run chkdsk /r

woodchip 16:22 03 Oct 2009

looks like a memory error

Ozzt 16:30 03 Oct 2009

There isnt any number after the c here is a video of me doing this

click here

Ozzt 16:36 03 Oct 2009

'can you get to the command prompt and run chkdsk /r'

How can i do this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?