Acer aspire 5735 uninstalled Windows Explorer,

Richthefirstone 21:16 27 Jun 2017
Answered

Hi, my name is rich, I have done something silly I have uninstalled Windows Explorer on my Acer Aspire 5735 without putting another browser on, I now cannot get any windows Xperia back or any other browser, is there any way of reinstalling Windows Explorer which came on the laptop, unfortunately I have uninstalled everything to do with Windows Explorer,. Can anybody help me,. Or is my laptop for the bin,. :-(

BRYNIT 23:09 27 Jun 2017

"I have uninstalled Windows Explorer on my Acer Aspire 5735 without putting another browser on". are you talking about Internet explorer?

To uninstall Internet explorer (win8-10) you would have gone into uninstall or change programs, select turn Windows features on or off and removed the tick from Internet explorer maybe the same for earlier versions of windows. To reinstall Internet explorer you you go back into ninstall or change programs, select turn Windows features on or off and put the tick back next to Internet explorer or you could download any of the other web browsers, transfer to your Acer and install.

Richthefirstone 23:39 27 Jun 2017

Yes i am talking about internet explorer,, because of Google not supporting Vista anymore, I thought I would upgrade to Windows 7, and I thought I could get upgrade support through Google that way, before I downloaded Windows 7 or any other browser, I went and uninstalled Internet Explorer, now I cannot get any browser up at all because there's no Internet browser to install any other browser, I totally forgot it was part of Acer, to allow you to change other browsers,,silly me... I am not too sure if I can save this computer,,,,,,. :-(

wee eddie 23:54 27 Jun 2017

Save all your stuff to an external drive and restore to factory settings

Secret-Squirrel 09:23 28 Jun 2017

Rich, you don't need to have a browser installed to install a different browser, and you certainly don't need to restore to factory settings. Here's what you need to do:

On another computer (such as the one you're on at the moment), download the browser's setup file, save it to a USB stick, insert the stick into the problem laptop then run the setup file. If you're interested in Google Chrome then look here, expand the "Install Chrome offline" section then follow the instructions.

MLA2000 11:48 28 Jun 2017

GO to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn windows features on or off. Find and tick Internet Explorer and press OK. After restarting you should be able to access IE. You can then go ahead and download Opera, Chrome or Firefox etc.

Forum Editor 18:29 28 Jun 2017

Moved to Tech Helproom from Consumer rights advice.

Richthefirstone 22:56 28 Jun 2017
Answer

Hi Al thank you so much to everyone who are trying to help me, I have gone to control panel programs and features, opened up windows features on or off, cannot find Internet Explorer inside the menu, I even typed it in the search bar at the top of the control panel came up no item matched your search,, has anybody got any suggestions, �

Secret-Squirrel 08:53 29 Jun 2017

.....has anybody got any suggestions, �

How about the one I made yesterday? It should only take you a few minutes.

lotvic 12:08 30 Jun 2017

SS, Richthefirstone has only got his phone as Internet now, not another pc. Started a Duplicate Thread ClickHere I've posted on that to say to stick to this one.

lotvic 12:15 30 Jun 2017

Richthefirstone, you can remove the green tick (answered) by going to the relevant post and clicking on 'is not answer'

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires