Acer aspire 5610 will not boot?

onerytk 21:24 23 Apr 2009

My friends have just left their above laptop with me to see if I can somehow get it to boot up,apparently they put a dvd in the drive to watch a film and the laptop shut down and now when it is turned on the acer screen comes up with the message press F2 to enter setup but when F2 is pressed it just stalls saying please wait.I have tried F8,ALT & F10 and have removed the battery but none of this has worked..any suggestions folks!!

woodchip 21:49 23 Apr 2009

is dvd still in the drive? if it is take it out while its trying to boot

onerytk 21:52 23 Apr 2009

Thanks woodchip but dvd is out of the laptop now

woodchip 22:05 23 Apr 2009

Check on bottom of Laptop for DOA Key. If its XP Home and you have a XP Home disc you can do a Repair of the OS without losing files, but it will need all MS updates re-downloading after.

To do a Repair, start computer with XP CD choose Setup wait while XP check the disc for a Operating System. It should then come back to you that its already installed do you want to repair! Then Click on the OS it found to select it then press R to start repair

onerytk 22:18 23 Apr 2009

Tried that woodchip but it is still the same..it did not recognise the CD

Audio~~Chip 23:53 23 Apr 2009

switch on Laptop and press I think is F10 and follow the recovery process for Acer Recovery if you are prompted for acer recovery management password then it is usually 00000 these are x5 zeros

onerytk 08:25 24 Apr 2009

Thanks Audio--Chip I have tried F10

woodchip 18:56 24 Apr 2009

You have to set the BIOS to boot first from CD then Hard Drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?