Acer Aspire 1520 HDD Removal

Taff™ 13:31 10 Oct 2006

Located behind the battery the Hard Drive doesn`t appear to be secured by screws but I`ve no idea how to remove it. There is a clear plastic "tab" attached to it but pulling doesn`t remove it. Has anyone got any advice? I`ve trawled the internet but can`t find a service manual that actually gives clear instructions.

carper 14:00 10 Oct 2006

Hi, I haven't got an Acer machine but I had a similar problem with my e-machine so I don't know whether this might help. There were hidden screws into the back of the hard drive which could only be accessed by removing the complete carrier. Once I found that, no problem. Hope this helps Regards Carper

Taff™ 14:04 10 Oct 2006

Thanks for the suggestion. It`s a laptop and whilst I can see the carrier it isn`t obvious how to remove it. I`ve read somewhere that you don`t need to remove screws but it won`t budge so I`m hoping someone on the forum has actually had experience of removing the drive and can tell me which part of the carrier I need to lever, push or smack with a hammer!

Taff™ 12:38 11 Oct 2006

bump

Taff™ 07:48 24 Oct 2006

Resolved! There are no screws you simply pull the tab firmly with a pair of pliers and the drive comes out. Once loosened you can do it without the pliers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone