Acer 9301 doesnt have Windows XP

Lil911 08:02 02 Aug 2007

If I add Windows XP to this laptop, is it simple to remove the vista software, which I have heard has lots of bugs and is very slow. Cheers. Lil

ventanas 08:36 02 Aug 2007

Whatever for, Vista is streets ahead of XP in all departments. It is not bugged despite what you may hear. I've got three installations on various specs, and have no problems at all.

All I would say is make sure you have at least 2gb ram, otherwise it will slow down. But if you have to increase what you have, it is a far better option than reverting to XP.

Technotiger 08:47 02 Aug 2007

Well we all have our own opinions, mine is to stay with XP. You will not find it easy to remove Vista. I wish you luck, of the right sort.

cream. 11:27 02 Aug 2007

I agree that Vista is a better operating system but if you wish to get rid of it and put on XP.

The start the laptop with the XP disk in the drive. If the laptop is set to boot from CD you will get a message to "press any key to continue". You just follow the prompts and load XP. just make sure you format the main drive when asked to do so.

If you do not get the message " to press any key to continue " you will have to go into the bios and alter the boot setting, quite easy.

You do know that by doing this, there might be a slight chance of not being able to revert back to Vista unless you have the operating system disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017