acebackup

fly2hi 21:07 16 Aug 2004

Has anyone tried acebackup from the 10/04 cover disc?
I'm finding that it hangs when trying to back up a lot of files. Could always be my hardware of course. Has anyone found it works ok?

I only just installed it last night to check it out on my old Win95 PC.
According to their website it should run on Win9X systems.

Where I'm having a problem, is getting the registration file to import.
Although I get a message telling me it was imported ok, the software is still telling me it's a trial version with 29 days to go and I can find no reference to the code in the registry file itself.

fly2hi 17:52 18 Aug 2004

I just clicked on the exe file as per the instructions and everything seemed to happen in the background. no further input was required. I don't get any messages about it being a trial version. Suggest trying it again?

The instructions on the PCA CD say to install the program and then run the .reg file in the Acebackup folder on the CD.

With Acebackup running, if you go to 'Help/About Acebackup' it is then telling me I am running an Unregistered Trial Version with X Days Left Of 30.

That's where I'm stuck.

fly2hi 21:07 19 Aug 2004

Mine says;
This product is licensed to P.C.Advisor_Reader_key

Have you tried reinstal.
Try running the exe file with acebackup closed down. Think I did that but not so sure

Mescal 13:46 25 Aug 2004

I successfully registered the trial version and updated to v.2004 as it backs up to DVD. Have now given up as have been unable to come to grips with it. The backup process omits valid files which will back up OK on individual basis. Sometimes you can edit projects but often not. Have returned to HandyBackup even though it affects some programs when running in background and only backs up to CD-ROM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?