Accidently deleted inbox. Urgent help please!

Iluaf 14:28 20 May 2007

H, I'm writing this on behalf of my father.

He was trying to change fonts and went in to

view - current view - and was sliding across to customise current view, when he accidentally pressed delete (he thinks!).

At that point all his inbox vanished, which unfortunately goes back years!

Deleted items is empty. Inbox is saying there is 3 new messages, but is pane is blank.

Dad can send mail out and sent items are all there.
He has outlook with windows Xp.

He has tried system restore back three days but no change.

Dad is unable to register here as he can't recieve the password etc, but will be reading your posts and will be doing everything you tell him too.

The computer is his life line - please help if you can,

Best Wishes,

Sally

Technotiger 14:59 20 May 2007

Hi, see if this is any help ...

click here

p;3 15:08 20 May 2007

what happens if you are in personal folders section view; is there an 'outlook today' tab?what happens if you click on it?what do you the n see IN the outlook pane on the right hand side?

p;3 15:10 20 May 2007

ps; one assumes this is discussing OUTLOOK as stated in your first entry?and NOT outlook express program ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:38 20 May 2007

Use system restore to just before the deletion...then tell him to back up his emails to a pen drive ASAP.

G

Iluaf 16:14 20 May 2007

Technotiger, p;3 and GANDALF - Thanks very much for all your help. My dad has now worked it out.

Bless you for being there for us!

Iluaf 16:14 20 May 2007

Thanks!

p;3 16:25 20 May 2007

ok; so what did you tweek that you should not of::))I did that once with my OE program and 'lost'my 'send 'button::((

Technotiger 16:39 20 May 2007

Grreat, glad it is sorted - don't forget to Green-tick this thread Resolved.

calonlan 18:40 20 May 2007

I am the culprit and it is great to be able to thank you all most sincerely, Iknow my Daughter Ileuf did so before but I wanted to personally.
I was trying to make my fonts bigger as sadly I am slowly going blind, and in "Inbox" I went to View...Current View....and when the box dropped down I slid my pointer over onto Customise Current View...BUT I DIDN'T!!!!!..My hand shook and I must have touched Messages and it all vanished and of course I thought I had deleted the lot...Phew !. It took me a while to realise what I had done and I went back and unchecked messages and checked Messages with Autpreview and VOILA I was back in business. So that's what you get for being 77 years , half witted and half blind..C'es La Vie and thanks again.
Don.

Technotiger 18:51 20 May 2007

Hi, your comments are noted, we hope in fact that you will go completely sightless - with this in mind, did you know that you can increase the size of your normal desktop fonts above the default sizes.

To make the fonts larger Right-click on a clear part of your desktop and then on Properties, in the Display Properties window click on Appearance, you can then adjust the Font size, there are three choices - Normal, Large or Extra Large ... then click on Apply and OK.

I hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?