Accidentally switched boot to legacy

Scouts30 01:49 10 Jun 2017

I switched my operating system or boot whatever to legacy over what it previously was and now I get a black screen with words I cannot understand, I cannot go back to windows or anything. Here Is a picture of the screen: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:25 10 Jun 2017

Its trying to boot from a network drive.

This message often appears when BIOS cannot find a Hard drive or SSD to boot from or the boot files become corrupted.

CAn you get into BIOS? Either switch back to legacy boot or check that your HDDs are all showing in BIOS and first boot device is set as USB or CD drive so you can boot from a repair or windows iso. drive.

BRYNIT 10:38 10 Jun 2017

Some pre built computers/laptop will only boot into windows if UEFI secure boot is enabled in the BIOS. If you have changed the setting in the BIOS to legacy you may have to go back into the BIOS and enable UEFI for Windows to boot correctly.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires