Accessing US International keyboard, XP/Word 2000

MichaelPaul 10:55 30 Sep 2004

The query I posted yesterday didn't get a response which worked: I accessed 'US English' and 'UK English', but these appear to affect only dictionaries: what I want is the US International keyboard, which enables me to type (eg) French with much less hassle then using short-cut keys or Symbol. I've used it for many years: why can't I find it now? (I have had a complete reinstallation since last I used it: could that be relevant?)
Thanks

howard60 11:27 30 Sep 2004

as I did not see your link from yesterday I do not know what has been suggested. First I would look in word to set the language using tools - language - set language. I would also look in control panel under Regional and international settings. There are 3 places on that screen to set language.

MichaelPaul 12:45 30 Sep 2004

Thanks for this. What I was advised to do - and did - yesterday was to go to 'Text Services and Input Languages - Details'. This gave me - indeed it was already there - 'UK English/Keyboard' and 'US English/Keyboard'; but whichever option I chose ggave me only the relevant dictionary ('colour' or 'color', for instance), but not the US International keyboard for accents. (I used to be presented with a whole list of keyboard layouts - these are what I can't find.) Sorry to be dim...

VoG II 12:53 30 Sep 2004

Does click here help?

MichaelPaul 16:33 30 Sep 2004

VoG
Thanks, but not really: the only accents I can get from AltGr are acute ones: what about the rest? I still need a way of installing the US-International keyboard, if anyone knows where it's got to...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?