Accessing Secure Sites

ITmoron 14:58 10 Jan 2006

Since ridding my PC of 'SpyAxe' by using 'smitRem'and installing AVG (free version), I am unable to log in to secure sites such as BT.
I get into the site but when attempting to log in get the standard 'unable to locate server' response.
I have followed all the recommendations on that screen but to no avail.
Any advices please?
I have turned off my MS firewall (I use a router)and scan using AVG, MS Antivirus and Lavasoft (Ad Aware).

ade.h 22:32 10 Jan 2006

What browser are you using?

Have you checked whether the relevant secure encryption support has been enabled?

ITmoron 00:06 13 Jan 2006

Hi ade.h

My browser it Internet Explorer.

Where do I look to see if the relevant secure encryption support has been enabled?

Skyver 00:17 13 Jan 2006

From within Internet Explorer click Tools/Options/Advanced, scroll to near the bottom of the list and make sure Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are ticked.

Bogbrain 00:52 13 Jan 2006

Firstly, it could be a cookie conflict thats preventing you accessing these sites. Go to TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS then go to cookie configuration and ALLOW OR OVERIDE in the cookie allow section.
To find whether you have 128 bit encryption click on help then click on 'About Internet Explorer' and it will reveal there if you have 128 bit encryption enabled.

ade.h 15:58 13 Jan 2006

Sorry I didn't catch your response ITmoron. After two days, I had assumed that this thread had gone cold and wasn't monitoring anymore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?