Accessing my e-mail whilst in Tenerife

Rodz 11:33 14 Aug 2006

A real big thanks for the detailed info which I can now follow up, before closing on this one can I just throw in one more question.
A friend, there`s always one, said forget the laptop and invest in a phone that acts as a mini computer on which you can send and receive e-mails anywhere. Of course I would assume to have to buy this when I already have a good laptop.
But would this be a better option?
Thanks
Rodz

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:22 14 Aug 2006

There are literally hundreds of of internet cafes/access points in Tenerife and you will be able to access your mail from them. They cost little to use and you do not have to lug around laptops or buy expensive phones that cost a fortune to run.

It makes a lot of sense.

G

ArrGee 13:20 14 Aug 2006

Or how about one of these gizmos...?
click here

Forum Editor 19:36 14 Aug 2006

(now deleted) post - I used the wrong screen when copying the link.

It doesn't matter anyway - what I said was that it's best not to run two threads on the same subject, so I've closed your earlier thread.

I also said that I have a Blackberry, which gives me 'push' email and mobile phone in one device. It works very well, but I don't really like it - the phone isn't as easy to use as a 'normal' mobile (too big, unfriendly menus etc.) and although the email comes every 15 minutes on the dot, replying or sending messages requires the use of a keyboard that's just too small for comfort. I usually leave the Blackberry in my office and use my mobile phone to dial up if I'm really stuck.

Rodz 20:37 14 Aug 2006

Thanks to everyone who has helped.
Rodz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?