Accessing emails from another computer

jason.p 11:14 10 Dec 2008

Hi, can anyone tell me if I can access my Outlook Express emails from my laptop, or other computer, and if so, can I actually send/receive "remotely"?
I am with Orange (Wanadoo).
I did set up outlook express on the laptop, but emails either went to one or the other, not both, which i not really practical.
Thanks in advance.

Batch 11:29 10 Dec 2008

You can set up all the necessary mail account settings on a second (or third etc.) computer.

On all but the main (first) computer on the Advanced Tab of the Account Properties you should check the setting "Leave a copy of messages on server". That way when you go to your main computer the messages will still be available for download.

Also, when sending mails from any but your main computer you should consider copying yourself on the email (the BCC field is best used for this, that way others don't see the fact that your copying it to yourself). Then when you receive mails on you main computer, you will receive a copy of mails that you've sent from the other computer(s).

You will need to bear in mind that you won't see all of your emails on any computer other than the main computer (unless you repeatedly copy over [import] the mail folders - but that's laborious).

The alternative to all this is to use webmail on all but your main computer.

jason.p 15:41 10 Dec 2008

Thanks batch. I've also set up a Hotmail account which I can use from anywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?