accessing emails

cowglen 10:09 20 Jan 2007

i have just set up a wireless network between my pc and laptop.i think i have managed to share files and have set up the same pop account.i can send and recieve emails but how do i access and view all my old emails from pc.i presumed when i opened outlook ex on my laptop it would be the same but it has no past mails.also when i open a new mail will it be on the other pc.thanks.ps any other info on sharing would be helpful and appreciated.

howard64 12:09 20 Jan 2007

each copy of outlook stores its own version of your emails and address book. You can export such things from one pc and import into the other. As you use your kit they will not stay synchronised.

namtas 12:29 20 Jan 2007

If you want to read mail on two different pc's

locate near the bottom

click here

PalaeoBill 12:48 20 Jan 2007

There are two solutions that I am aware of.

You can use third party software to synchronize e-mail between two PC's running Outlook. A free trial is available:

click here

Alternatively if you are prepared to use old Microsoft software, Outlook from Office 2000 will allow you to use Net Folders to share the e-mail. Unfortunately Microsoft dropped Net Folders support in Office 2002 and later versions but I am happily using the old application in this way with no loss of functionality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone