Accessing e-mails

carver 11:56 12 Jul 2008

If any body has any idea as to what I am doing wrong PLEASE feel free to tell me.

First thing, I am with Orange Broadband and can get all my e-mails using Outlook Express as long as they are only addressed to me, as soon as there is more than one recipient in the address I can't access them unless I go onto the Orange website.

I have Norton Internet Security 2008 running but even with this switched off it makes no difference, I have been onto the Orange 'help line' but that is like knocking your head against a wall and saying more please.

If an e-mail is from one person purely to me it arrives, same person sends the same e-mail but with another 12 people included in the address line,no chance.

On the Orange site I have high lighted all the e-mails and marked them as not spam, again no difference, they still can not be accessed with Outlook.

Any help or ideas gladly accepted.

Forum Editor 12:50 12 Jul 2008

but it sounds as if there might be a phishing and/or spam filter at work on the Orange mail server, and it's seeing anything with multiple recipient addresses as suspect.

Otherwise, is there a chance that you have the Outlook Express junkmail option set to delete suspect junk mail automatically?

I may be totally on the wrong track, but it's worth checking both of those possibilities.

carver 17:09 12 Jul 2008

phishing and/or spam filter at work on the Orange mail server

I thought the same thing but every body I speak to on the Orange help line just ignores that line of inquiry and directs me to the Microsoft help line.

Outlook Express will not even down load them and in tools I have tried every thing, I've no blocked list, receive all, added people to my address list, turned Norton of completely.

Yet I can receive e-mails from pcadvisor with no trouble, if I wanted any fake watches, tablets to help with male problems, I can have them by the bucket full.

I am struggling.

Pineman100 17:58 12 Jul 2008

The following questions are not going to lead to a solution from me, because I don't have the knowledge to offer one. But they might just help to fill in some gaps so that someone more expert than me can help you.

1. Are you certain that the multiple-address email failure is from everyone who sends you this type of email - not just one person?

2. Are you certain that the multiple-address email failure is from people who use various different ISP's - not just one ISP?

By the way - about those tablets... ;o)

carver 18:24 12 Jul 2008

The e-mails are from about 16 people who belong to a football club I help to run so they have different ISP'S, any one can send me an e-mail and I can receive it as long as I am the only person in the address bar.

It doesn't matter if is just a straight forward e-mail or one with an attachment, still the same, sat on Orange's site, I can read them there but now it's getting to the point that I'm using up my web space and I'll finish up losing them.

Pineman100 18:37 12 Jul 2008

Well, here's another wild stab in the dark from a rank amateur.

Have you tried using a different email client to download them? For example, Windows Live Mail will (I believe) run under XP or Vista: click here

Or there's Mozilla's Thunderbird: click here

I've no idea whether that idea will work, but the above are both free, so it won't cost you anything to try.

If we're lucky, perhaps FE will have another look at this thread and advise you whether this is worth a try.

carver 19:17 12 Jul 2008

I've thought about it but it will mean that I have a new e-mail address with all the problems involved in it, informing friends, updating web sites and so on.

It would be far better to sort this out if possible.

I have thought about ditching Orange for Sky, thats how desperate I am.

carver 22:04 13 Jul 2008

Sorry about bumping it back up but still looking for solution.

p;3 23:15 13 Jul 2008

a thought; is YOUR e mail addy the first one in the list of those to whom the mails have been sent ?? if OE is not even downloading them perhaps it is failing to recognise that they belong to you?

p;3 23:21 13 Jul 2008

another idea; open your server and forward the mails to yourself as the ONLY recipient?

or there is always the orange forum....

click here

Sea Urchin 00:44 14 Jul 2008

You're wrong to think you need a new email address - you simply use another email client as suggested with your current address.

Another thought - what happens if you are sent a message where you are one of a number of people in the copy (cc) address rather than the To address?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017