Access violation in Vista

bjk 08:41 19 Jul 2008

Never happened before in my Vista. I downloaded and installed MailWasher Free (Vista compatible) from Download.com. When starting the program two error messages show up: "Acces violation at address ....... in module MailWasher.exe. Write of address 0000044C" and "This code was written for a version of the VCL in which ScaleBy() does not alter the constraints. (C:\Work\Delphi\Projects\MailWasher\app\src\MailWasherCommercial. pas, line 1541)"
Anybody understanding these messages? Is this a Vista problem or a MailWasher problem? I have un-installed the program and deleted the programs registry entries. I appreciate comments.
bjk

FatboySlim71 09:12 19 Jul 2008

I don't think its a Vista problem because I have Vista and Mailwasher and I have never experienced this problem.

keverne 09:48 19 Jul 2008

I'm puzzled by this:
C:\Work\Delphi\Projects\MailWasher\app\src\MailWasherCommercial

My copy on Vista installed itself in
C:\Program Files\FireTrust\MailWasher Pro

Did you change the default location at the time of installing?

bjk 13:31 19 Jul 2008

Hi daconnor,
Thanks for response. I did not change the installation, it installed itself exactly as you say. Still this strange behaviour. I know MailWasher Pro very well, I have it running for years on one of my desktops running XP Pro SP2, never, never had problems. This time I would like to run this free version on my new HP laptop with Vista Business, but the program will not work properly. I don't understand the meaning of this strange path, C:\Work\Delphi\etc, what is this? I don't have any folder with these names.

keverne 14:00 19 Jul 2008

Have you set MailWasher to bounce unwanted mail?

If you have turn it off and see what happens.

bjk 14:52 19 Jul 2008

These error messages showed up at the first startup of the program, i.e. I had not reached to configure MailWasher to bounce.

keverne 15:02 19 Jul 2008

OK, but now I'm struggling to suggest anything.

I'd ask here
click here

bjk 19:28 19 Jul 2008

I will try, thanks for your attention.
bjk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?