access temporary folder

User-2817D3FB-324D-4EF0-A1F3E24EA27877D1 00:27 03 Aug 2003

My problem is probably so very basic that most of you will go into hysterics laughing. I downloaded an item and it was stored in a 'temporary folder'. I cannot now access the item I downloaded cos I don't know where this 'tf'is...I said don't laugh.... As you may have guessed..I am quite new to this computing caper... Many thanks in anticipation....Mike...

vinnyT 10:32 03 Aug 2003

Simple way to resolve this is to select another file from the net to dload, when it gets to the save file to part, note the location the file is to be saved, you can cancel the dload at this stage (unless you want it) as it has served it's purpose showing you the target location.

Open explorer (or whatever file manager you use) and go to the target location (eg c:\windows\dload) and, hopefully, you will be able to find the file you want.

Hope this helps.

DieSse 10:41 03 Aug 2003

Or - you can do Start - Search - for the name of the item you downloaded - doesn't have to be the whole name, just a substantial part will do.

To Vinnie T and Diesse.
Many thanks for your kind assistance. I was able to sort out the problem thanks to your tips. Sorry for delay in coming back to you.
Regards, Mike.

vinnyT 12:34 09 Aug 2003

Glad you got it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?