Access / Excel linked table problem

Picklefactory 09:53 11 Jun 2007

Hi folks, anyone in today with some MS Access and Excel knowledge?
I have an Access dBase where I want to add a linked table. The Excel sheet I want to link to contains rows of text and date cells (Each row has program details, date created, date modded, names etc), and one cell in particular on the row, will contain a CNC program of some length (Could be over 1000 characters). I have no problem creating the linked table, but my problem is that the Access field that is linked to the cell containing the program, only seems to be pulling in the first 35 characters of the program, even though it is formatted as a memo field, all the others seem OK. I've tried various formats on the Excel cell, to see if that makes a difference, but haven't cracked it yet. I can't change much on the Access table, as it's linked and pretty well locked out. Any ideas folks?
Thanks

Picklefactory 11:58 11 Jun 2007

Just tried a different approach of importing a table instead of using link table, and that works fine, I really need the link table though and at a loss to explain why they are treating that cell/field differently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?