Access E-mails when on holiday

Guady 13:14 08 Aug 2007

A friend has tried to use Mail2Web to access e-mails (her provider is OneTel) and has been able to read some new messages - but when she went back to reply to them, they had disappeared! Can anyone suggest how to get them back - or something else to try (perhaps some other service) that would let her access e-mails that have already been downloaded to her home computer. A friend in the UK is using her PC and so obviously the messages are being downloaded there. Hope someone can help!

octal 13:32 08 Aug 2007

Most service providers have web mail access, this includes OneTel, so there is no need to use any other service to access emails. I would suggest your friend signs into their OneTel account, I expect the emails are sitting there waiting.

Diodorus Siculus 13:33 08 Aug 2007

Further to octal, ensure that the machine at home which is being used is set not to delete emails from the server when they are downloaded.

octal 13:39 08 Aug 2007

I would have thought it was a bit risky allowing the friend in the UK access her emails. I'm not saying they are not trustworthy, but some things are private.

Guady 14:50 08 Aug 2007

Thanks for your responses - She has tried using the OneTel site but when she logs in it indicates that she has no e-mails at all, which she knows is not correct. What she doesn't know is how her home PC is set up - if it is set up to delete items which have been downloaded to her home PC is there any way she can access them whilst away? Also how can she change the setting if necessary?

Guady 17:25 15 Aug 2007

Thanks to everyone - her friend has made the changes to the PC as suggested by Marg7 and forwarded all the e-mails. She has now been able to log on and access them. Once again - many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?