Access denied in Vista

hgrock 06:50 06 Jan 2009

I have recently been using vista, and i am having access denied to several folders if i try to open them in windows explorer, eg application dater folder, my documents, local settings, templates, send to, print hood, to name but a few.
I am the only user on the PC with full admin rights.
is there a way around this, even when i look in properties there is full access allowed. there is a doggy file in application data i want to look at. thanks for any help on this folks

rdave13 07:22 06 Jan 2009

Try swtching off UAC temporarily. Type 'user' in start/search box- click on user accounts-- 'turn user account control on or off'. Needs a reboot. Turn back on when finished.

nedster 22:40 16 Jan 2010

There are 4 users set up on my computer, with my account being the only one set up with Administrator status.

When downloading an update to my Satnav I am requested to choose where the file downloads to, but wherever I select, I then get the pop-up window telling me that I do not have access to do so, and that I need to contact the administrator. I am the administrator!

What's turned off or going wrong please?

Woolwell 23:28 16 Jan 2010

You should have started a new thread instead of hi-jacking this one. Which brand Satnav?

jorf 13:43 17 Jan 2010

I have the same problem and have done exactly as suggested but still cannot access Documents & Settings any further guidance would be appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?