Access denied to (ex) hard drive folders

nutsy 22:11 16 Jul 2007

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me please with a problem I'm having. The OS on my hard drive became corrupt (or something) and got to the stage where it wouldn't boot up - even in safe mode. I had to replace it, which I've done and I now need to get my pics / docs / music etc. off it using a usb cable, except it won't allow it because "access is denied". It will let me take my wifes files and folders off it and I guess this is because I had a windows password on my side but she didn't on hers. Does anyone know how I can do this please? I guess that I must be able to disable the password login on "my folder" or get it to display the prompt so that I can type it in (I know the password but don't get prompted for it as I'm not accessing it through windows boot up)? Many thanks. Ps it's a maxtor ATA 180Gig.

Taff™ 22:23 16 Jul 2007

Take Ownership of the Folder click here

skidzy 22:23 16 Jul 2007

Maybe you can take ownership of the files click here

skidzy 22:24 16 Jul 2007

Hi Taff™
Snap :-))

Taff™ 22:25 16 Jul 2007

Bet nutsy`s wondering how he was left on his own for 12 minutes! Hang on there`s bound to be another bus along in a minute.

skidzy 22:27 16 Jul 2007

Im back and forth Taff™,surprisingly i must have missed it or delayed server issue Lol.

Hope your ok

nutsy 08:54 17 Jul 2007

Thanks for all the answers - hopefully I can solve it now !!

Cheers

Nutsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?