Access Database - Mailing List / Tables / Forms

ihbuk1 14:22 21 Apr 2005

I have a database with a table with a long list of names another with several different groups. Members can belong to several of these Groups. I want to be able to add the appropriate members to each Group via a form and then create mailing labels. Any ideas?

Thanks

Belatucadrus 14:48 21 Apr 2005

click here

click here

click here

click here

for some access tutorials. I think that going through the procedures for relational databases may be a bit much for the forum, though you may get a more positive response from an Access expert.

Diemmess 15:02 21 Apr 2005

Assuming the table of Members and those of the groups are already part of the Access database -- then I would make sure the main table (Members) has a primary key number for each member. You might also consider fields for address lines and any other data directly concerned with each member to be further fields in this main table

I think it might be easier if the Groups were separate fields in a single table of Groups (each entry having its own key number).

Then the design of the form will depend on whether you are entering new names from scratch or merely placing them into their groups.

If the business of putting existing members into Groups is the first thing you need, then you need a combo box related to names in the Members table so you can scroll through it to a particular member, and a series of say check boxes or combo boxes on for each possible group.

If you are starting with a new member then you will need another Form with text boxes for each field in the Members table, and probably separate boxes for each possible group. (since you have members who belong to more than one)

Is this even slightly helpful so far!

Access Moron 18:29 23 Apr 2005

you need an aditional table to create a many to many link.

Put an ID pfield in both the names, and groups table

Your joun table should then contain only the ID fields from both tables

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires