Access 2007 - Book or website suggestions?

Blitzer 12:51 10 Jan 2008

Hi,

I use Microsoft Works in my job and have a number of flat databases I use on a daily basis, but having played around with Access 2003 at work I can see potential in moving over to using a related database. Anyway, I've always been keen to learn a bit more about using Office so I purchased myself a copy of Office Home and Student and more importantly a copy of Access 2007.

When playing around with Access 2003 I noticed there was quite a lot of online tutorial available from Microsoft which I found quite useful. However, because Access 2007 is still relatively new there are only a handful of tutorials for it. As a result I'm now looking for suggestions for any decent books for Access that people know of, I'm looking for something that covers the basics to intermediate stuff I guess. Failing that suggesting for any good tutorial type websites or forums for Access would also be useful.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance. ;-)

Main Access 12:56 10 Jan 2008

most of the basics are the same for what ever database engine you are using. 2003 ~ 2007 are much the same.

The only differnces i have found are where MS hides the stuff that you really need, but 2007 help will generally show you where they have put it.

The advanced coding between 2003 ~ 2007 is much the same as well.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:56 10 Jan 2008
  GANDALF <|:-)> 12:57 10 Jan 2008

click here this is a good place to start as well.

G

Blitzer 17:33 10 Jan 2008

Thanks for the replies.

Gandalf,

I had found the Microsoft online stuff, but found it to be lacking with regards to the number of training type articles when compared with what is available for Access 2003. A shame really because I thought the Microsoft articles were reasonably good. Guess I'll have to delve more into the "How-To" articles and see if I can pick things up from there. Thanks again. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?