Accelerators slow me down

Restcote 20:53 28 Nov 2006

I have 1Mb Broadband and my ISP is Tiscali

I have uninstalled onspeed because it was slowing down all aspects of internet activity,this being confirmed through tiscali speed test (ispconnect).Bandwidth readings of 400 onspeed on against 950 without.Also as the day goes on,with onspeed they reduce to around 160 yet without lowest has been 750.I didn't have this problem when I was on dialup with BT.
I have replaced Onspeed with tiscali.accelerator and am getting exactly the same results.
Is there something wrong with my Broadband connection and or software causing some kind of conflict.
Also I have noticed when I try to update my photo software I get messages saying I'm not connected to the internet.Again this is when I have Onspeed connected.
I realise the thing I should do is ditch both Onspeed and tiscali.accelerator but I would realy like to know if I have a bug or something

Stuartli 21:02 28 Nov 2006

As far as I am aware ONSpeed and Tiscali's equivalent are pretty much the same thing. I've always regarded ONSpeed as the emperor's new clothes...:-)

Try using Firefox 2.0 and "tuning" it with Finetune Firefox from:

click here

Restcote 21:33 28 Nov 2006

To get better performance I just have to ditch them,but I would like to know if I don't have any problems.God knows what crap these downloads bring with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?