Absolute Control.exeU What is it?

Pererin 20:19 02 Jan 2009

I noticed an item on my son's old machine in the startup list called 'Absolute Control.exeU , anyone know if it's good or bad as I have not heard of it before.

johnnyrocker 20:26 02 Jan 2009

info can be found atclick here= it would appear to be an advertising site

johnny

Pererin 13:14 03 Jan 2009

Is this something I need to keep on the computer or can I get rid of it? If it is an advertising site am I correct in assuming that because it is an advertising site it is of no use to the computer? Thanks in advance guys, always helpful.

brundle 13:19 03 Jan 2009

Not enough information. You need to find out what folder the program is running from and see if there's any information in other files within that folder, even the folder name itself would be useful. Use Startup Control Panel click here

birdface 13:24 03 Jan 2009

Looks like this is probably the one from Google. click here does not look like an advertising site if this is the correct one.

brundle 13:26 03 Jan 2009

No point googling with such limited info

Pererin 13:57 03 Jan 2009

Trying your suggestions and will get back to you with more info shortly.

Pererin 14:09 03 Jan 2009

Had a look, it is not the same as 'buteman' but is in Program Files and is called click here which seems to be a password protection programme. It was put on the computer in 2004 not by me but possibly by the person who built the computer for me. Hope this helps you guys and thanks again.

Pererin 14:14 03 Jan 2009

Sorry guys i did not put the correct name in. Ignore the previous, it is called kamatoz.computing _ if you want to check it out click here thanks again.

Pererin 19:53 03 Jan 2009

OK guys, think I know what it is now, after looking around it seems to be a password manager. Any takers on that answer, let me know.

brundle 20:23 03 Jan 2009

You mean? click here

You should be seeing a small circle with the letters AC in the system tray.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?