About the hyperlink being underlined in Frontpage

erkmatrix 09:28 20 Jan 2006

Hi I have a Frontpage 2000 and have decided a site I like but for the menu buttons I used hyperlinks originally but hate the way they underline them, so I looked for an alternative and found the hoverbutton in components but now every time the page originally loads a grey square with something red inside loads with it and looks even messy than the hyperlink underlined.

Is there a way to get the hyperlink without the line underneath or another button that people use here.

Thanks
Philip

beynac 09:59 20 Jan 2006

Set the style of the link to 'text-decoration: none'

erkmatrix 15:12 20 Jan 2006

cheers for that, got a little fristrated with FP200, will probably go back to it lol as trying out dreamweaver, please see my other thread for help if you know dreamweaver.

Phil

erkmatrix 15:50 20 Jan 2006

Just trying this out now and I clicked on hyperlink properties and then style and it says name which you can't do anything on then class which is editable and ID which is editable I tryed to put 'text-decoration: none' in the class box and then the ID box but it still showed the underline. how do I do it.

Phil

beynac 16:21 20 Jan 2006

Try this:
<A style="text-decoration=none" HREF="nextpage.htm">Next Page</A>

I recommend using external stylesheets for consistency across your website. You can also change all similar elements with just one change. I don't use Frontpage so I've no idea how it handles stylesheets.

erkmatrix 09:24 21 Jan 2006

I managed to sort this out using CSS , thanks very much

PaulB2005 09:29 27 Jan 2006

bookmarked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?