a8n32-sli deluxe lan and raid problems

Goldstar60 20:43 18 Jan 2006

hi there, just installed the asus a8n32 sli board
with corsair 2 gb mem,gainward 7800 gt cards [2]
maxtor 250gb,antec 500w psu,windows xp has been installed but when the lan or the raid drivers are installed and reboot the pc won't go back into windows new board drivers have been installed also the lan and raid drivers still no go any help please

ade.h 22:18 18 Jan 2006

RAID drivers (SATA included) must be installed during the OS installation process. It's not clear from your post whether you have used this method. Could you clarify that for me?

Nice spec by the way!

Goldstar60 22:32 18 Jan 2006

Thank you for the reply,
the sata drive was installed using a floppy and deloading the sata dives from the motherboard cd
I have always used this method always work before
any more tips thanks
Goldstar60

Totally-braindead 22:54 18 Jan 2006

Very nice spec. Its a bit unclear to me the way you have done it. I've just built my first SATA system with RAID and this is what I did. Put the motherboard CD into my old PC and downloaded the RAID drivers to floppy, then assembled the new PC, booted from the Windows CD and installed the RAID floppy before Windows was installed pressing F6 I think it is and its worked perfectly. Then installed all the other motherboard drivers.
Now this is the first time I have built a PC with SATA and RAID and this is how I did it, there may be other ways of doing it that works perfectly well but as I said this is the first of this type I have done.
By the way I bought the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and considering the huge amount of cables and accessories they give you with the board I thought it was a bit stupid not to include the RAID driver floppys. I mean if you don't have a working PC already what are you meant to do?

ade.h 22:55 18 Jan 2006

"....windows xp has been installed but when the lan or the raid drivers are installed and reboot the pc...."

It was this phrase which made me suggest that.

What RAID/SATA controller is it? One of the Intel ones like the ICH7R, or is that Asus an AMD board? In which case it would not have anything from Intel on it I suppose!

Goldstar60 00:07 19 Jan 2006

once again thanks to all reply's,
the method I used to put the sata drivers on is the same as [totally braindead]the lan and raid drivers are on the cd which of course come with
the board the h/d is a maxtor maxline 111 ncq 250gb 7L250so sata 16mb cache

Goldstar60 00:14 19 Jan 2006

just a quick one the processor is a AMD 3800 the board ia a
ASUS A8N32-sli deluxe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?