A2 on-line trojan scanner

Dipso 23:13 22 Oct 2005

I have installed and used A2 trojan scanner in the past but I was put off when it reported a false positive. Consequently, I haven't installed it since my latest factory restore but I am obviously still concerned about the possiblity of picking up a trojan.

I recently found this click here on-line trojan scanner which is powered by A2.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using this rather than installing A2 on my PC.

rdave13 23:38 22 Oct 2005

A2 has a free scanner.
Used a2 for over a year and easily updated manually...especially if you are a regular on PCA forums.

Dipso 23:45 22 Oct 2005

Yes, as I say, I have used the free A2 scanner previously, that's what I was using when I it reported the false positive. I just wondered if the on-line version was as good as...

SANTOS7 23:49 22 Oct 2005

I think you will find the online scanner will do just that (scan) if you follow instructions at the bottom of the page in your link it sends you to a-squared home page which is where i'm sure you will have to download one of their products to actually rid yourself of what your online scan has found...

rdave13 00:01 23 Oct 2005

Never had a false positive from it. You talk as if you restore your computer to "factory restore" quite often.

Dipso 00:18 23 Oct 2005

"You talk as if you restore your computer to "factory restore" quite often"

Not really, but I'm not asking about that. Have a look in the A2 forums for false positive reports.

SANTOS7 - Thanks, think I will stick with the on-line scan and if it tells me I have a trojan, I can double-check before doing anything drastic.

SANTOS7 00:20 23 Oct 2005

Nothing wrong with that, if you do have false positives and you choose to delete whatever is put in front of you, may do more harm than good ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?