A2 False Positives

Input Overload 09:49 12 Feb 2010

A2 seems to have a shed load of false positives in the latest update, to the degree I've taken it off background guard.

birdface 10:02 12 Feb 2010

Next update should reinstall them again.
You have not updated to Beta 5 version have you.If you have update beta ticked they would automatically install it.

birdface 10:08 12 Feb 2010

Just ran the quick scan it came up with Trojan in Winpatrol and ladbrokes.They uploaded the files so that they could check them but I have left them on the computer in case they are false positives.
Thanks for the warning.

Input Overload 10:24 12 Feb 2010

I do Beta testing but never on security software, I leave that to the brave. Yes I got a Trojan in Win Patrol & MS Office, Eset, Acronis True Image etc.

rawprawn 10:35 12 Feb 2010

Yes, I get Trojans in Acronis, WinPatrol,and Kaspersky

birdface 10:40 12 Feb 2010

Decided to do a full scan and 49 objects found mostly trojans.So they have uploaded them again to check them out.bet it is something to do with that Beta 5 version that they now have.
Anyhow thanks for the warning I would probably be panicking now and deleting them all but will leave them to see what happens.

sunnystaines 10:40 12 Feb 2010

As much as I like A2 gave it up as it just cried wolf with false positives all the time, leaving a dilemma of waiting till someone else confirms the FP or is it a nasty.

Input Overload 11:16 12 Feb 2010

Seems like the latest update has sorted the issues. I agree sunnystaines A2 does appear to have more FP's than other Anti-Mal-Ware programs.

birdface 11:25 12 Feb 2010

it usually rectifies the problems with its next update and will restore anything left in the quarantine box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?